This motor was developed by Honda to provide a low cost, reliable engine package for beginning kid karters to utilize.
The Honda GXH50 engine is factory sealed and will provide young competitors with a super reliable package with no special tuning allowed other than carburetor jetting.
The Kid Kart class is typically ran between the ages of 5 to 8.
- Engine Type: Production based 4-cycle single cylinder
- Displacement: 49cc (2.99 cubic inches)
- Valvetrain: Single camshaft, push rod two valves per cylinder
- Crankshaft: Steel alloy two main bearings
- Pistons: Forged aluminum alloy
- Connecting Rods: Forged alloy steel
- Ignition System: Transistorized magneto
- Lubrication: Splash
- Cooling: Air Cooled
- Transmission: N/A
- Fuel: 91 octane unleaded
- Weight: 12.1 lbs (5.5 kg)